Maryland Department of Health
Connecting to Treatment Including Crisis Services
If you might be experiencing a crisis and need immediate assistance, there are a variety of options:
- Maryland’s Crisis Hotline is ‘211, press 1,’ with immediate crisis help available 24/7, along with assistance on how to access mental health or substance use services. You can simply:
- BHA also has a Maryland Crisis Service Locator Map
- NAMI Maryland Crisis Resource Guide
- Veterans Crisis Line (Call 1-800-273-8255 PressHearing 1, Text 838255, Chat, and Support for Deaf/Hard hearingof )
If you are not in a crisis but want assistance on how to routinely connect to mental health or substance use services also use 211, press 1, and as above, this can occur through a call, text, chat, or online.
- There also is a Maryland Telebehavioral Health Provider Locator Map to locate providers who offer telehealth.
- Nationally there is a SAMHSA Treatment Locator.